Corporate Accountant with Audit Experience
Scalefast is a leading full-service eCommerce solution whose modern approach to eCommerce has generated award-winning success for their clients and has allowed them to become the fastest-growing eCommerce platform in the U.S., according to Inc. Magazine. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Corporate Accountant who will play an integral part in building Scalefast’s financial organization and structure.
We are looking for applicants with excellent communication skills, proven experience in auditing, and a desire to work in a fun, fast-paced startup environment. If you have envisioned yourself working at an innovative, forward-thinking company, let’s get the conversation started!
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consolidate financial results of all subsidiaries on a monthly basis.
- Produce monthly financial reporting for management and board members.
- Ensure sales tax compliancy’s in different states and countries we are present in.
- Prepare books for yearend Audit and serve as company liaison with Auditors.
- Write company policies that relate to accounting matters (Revenue recognition, Cost of Goods Sold, etc.).
- Improve accounting processes and workflow.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU AWESOME
- Audit experience is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates and promotes positive work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Ability to translate accounting concepts into easy-to-understand explanations for non-accounting people.
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities.
- Autonomous and high level of initiative and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrate unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company; Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, willingness to learn is a must!
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, including Auditing.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (vs. US GAAP)
- French and/or Spanish speakers a plus