Spain, Comunidad de Madrid, MadridPlatform Infrastructure
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences. Scalefast has proven itself with global brands like L’Oréal, Sega, Square-Enix and Flir.
As members of our Infrastructure Engineering team, the Database Administrators are the first respondent to database problems that may arise and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting, as well as fine-tuning to ensure DBs perform on optimal grade.
To be successful in this position, the database administrator should be an excellent problem-solver and communicator that is fluent in most data manipulation languages. Ultimately, a top-notch database administrator should have extensive knowledge of the databases under their administration and display sound technical skills and administrative aptitude.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint
- Mental Health Wellbeing Program
- Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection.
- Regularly liaising with project managers and database programmers.
- Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
- Ethically handling private data.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a database administrator.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages: MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Up-to-date with trends and developments in database administration.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup.
- Experience with the Scalefast stores as a customer or Scalefast member with a different role.
- Product company experience.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Enterprise software company experience.
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team.
- Computer science education or equivalent experience.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, etc.)