IT Security Engineer
Spain, Comunidad de Madrid, MadridSecurity & Corp IT
Are you passionate about IT security and loves ensuring the highest levels of security and quality into the entire development life cycle?
Then join us and help us revolutionize the E-commerce experience…
In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall.
Your next favorite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds.
Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood.
Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience?
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern e-commerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences with a proven track record with global brands.
At Scalefast we are constantly looking for talented people to join our projects. Our start-up environment is very open-minded, we love to test and implement new ideas. If you think you are ready to enjoy your work and be part of our big family, keep reading to see how you match our current needs.
As a member of the security team at Scalefast, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices. The Security Team is responsible for leading and implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving Scalefast's security.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural company where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint
- Access to private sales by some of the exclusive brands we work with
- Enrollment in English lessons that take place during working hours
- Mental Health Wellbeing Program
As an IT Security Engineer at Scalefast, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and monitoring of a wide variety of security tools and applications that support the overall Information Security program. This is a technical, hands-on position. You will help with IT security, identity and access management, governance and controls and Scalefast's overall security posture.
- Identify and define system and security requirements, baselines and controls for both the existing environment and new developments in IT infrastructure. Design and implement automated workflows to streamline security operations. Identify and analyze all response activities related to cybersecurity incidents.
- Operate our key security tools and constantly tune and build automated response playbooks Verify data log sources and investigation.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures for Incident Handling, Problem Management and Forensics Investigations.
- Configure, monitor and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and services such as endpoint protection and antimalware solutions, proxies, firewalls, SIEM.
- Identify opportunities for new technical solutions and security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and improve efficiency.
- Participate in evaluation and selection of products and security solutions, set the security requirements and coordinate / run PoCs / project management.
- Coordinate and/or perform penetration tests, evaluate findings and drive mitigation. Coordinate and/or perform vulnerability assessments, evaluate findings and drive mitigation.
- Provide reports for assessment findings, product evaluations, propositions for further system security enhancement etc.
- Proven experience as a System Engineer or Security Engineer and technical knowledge of network, databases and operating system security.
- Understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, concepts and protocols. Experience with scripting languages, data structures, and API integrations.
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including antimalware / antivirus software, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, authentication systems, log management, web application firewalls, VPN, Zero-trust, cloud technologies, etc.
- Knowledge in international standards of Information Security and Business Continuity (ISO 27001, ISO 22301, NIST 800- 53, COBIT).
- Knowledge or experience working with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Server and Active Directory environments.
- Experience with InTune and Microsoft directives.
- Proven expertise with networking protocols.
- Experience hardening Windows, MacOS and Linux workstations.
- English at a professional level, both written and spoken.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as capability to work with complex and ambiguous contexts and facilitate strategic decisions.
- Experience with Lansweeper and Crowdstrike is a plus. Qualifications in any of the following: CCNA, CCSP, CompTia Security+, CCSA, CCSE, CISSP would be desirable.
- Spanish is a plus