Junior DevOps Engineer
Are you a fresh graduate with a Computer Science or Telco degree who wants to get into the exciting world of DevOps? If you have great Linux skills, understand what a deployment pipeline is and are keen to develop your career, then join us at Scalefast and revolutionize the E-commerce experience…
In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall. Your next favorite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds. Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood. Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience? Heck Yeah!
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfilment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences with a proven track record with global brands.
At Scalefast we are constantly looking for talented people to join our projects. Our start-up environment is very open-minded, we love to test and implement new ideas. If you think you are ready to enjoy your work and be part of our big family, keep reading to see how you match our current needs.
What can I expect at Scalefast?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues.
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint.
As a Junior DevOps engineer at Scalefast, you will:
- work closely with the Development and Infrastructure teams, helping teams to adopt the best practices to improve the speed, quality, security and predictability across the platform.
- focus on bringing automation across the platform -- build, test, inspection, provision, deploy, promote, monitor activities and failover -- through the consistent use of automation tools, continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines, and both on-premise and cloud-native platforms.
- focus on the smooth operations and continuous improvement of automated processes already established and in use.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, FP II in Computer Science or similar demonstrable.
- English is a must (B2 or higher, certification not required).
- High experience with Linux and LEMP stacks.
- High experience with Git, Gitlab/Github and CI/CD processes and tools.
- Demonstrable experience with shell scripting and one of these languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, Go.
- Knowledge of networking, security basics and system management.
- Experience with pipelines with Gitlab, Jenkins or similar.
- Knowledge in provisioning software and configuration like Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
and it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience with Gitlabs
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Stay up to date with the industry practices, tools and market trends.
- Experience with deployment tools.
- Good knowledge in containers technologies, mainly Docker - Kubernetes.
- Demonstrable experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Route53, Lambda, Cloudformation, Cloudfront…)
- Experience with Cloudflare, AWS Shield or other WAF systems.
- Experience with Sentry and/or PandoraFMS.
- Build automation: NPM, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc
Today, more than 20 million people around the world buy through our stores. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Scalefast, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.