Junior Security Operations Engineer
Security Operations Engineers are the firefighters of the Scalefast Security Team. If you have a passion for security and open source and experience in cloud security engineering, then join us at Scalefast and revolutionize the E-commerce experience…
In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall. Your next favorite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds. Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood. Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience? Heck Yeah!
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfilment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences with a proven track record with global brands.
At Scalefast we are constantly looking for talented people to join our projects. Our start-up environment is very open-minded, we love to test and implement new ideas. If you think you are ready to enjoy your work and be part of our big family, keep reading to see how you match our current needs.
What can I expect at Scalefast?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues.
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint.
As a Security Operations Engineer your daily duties will include incident response, log analysis, forensics, tooling and automation development, as well as contributing to strategic improvements to the Scalefast features and client's stores. Successful Security Engineers thrive in high-stress environments and can think like both an attacker and defender. You can help come up with proactive and preventative security measures to keep Scalefast, its clients, and customers data safe.
Initiatives for this speciality include:
Assist other security speciality teams in their automation efforts
- Assess security tools and integrate tools as needed
- Define and own metrics and KPIs to determine the effectiveness of security programs
- Define, implement, and monitor security measures to protect Scalefast platform and company and client assets
- Detect and respond to company-wide security incidents
- Log analysis
- Security forensics
- Dashboards and alarms monitoring
- Develop and implement preventative security measures (detection, monitoring, exploitation)
- Build security tools that enable the Scalefast Security Team to operate at speed and scale
- Incorporate current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
- Engineer CND technologies to monitor and analyze (e.g. IDSes, Data collection tools)
- Vulnerability management - triage and manage vulnerabilities identified through scanning and manual efforts
- Identify and mitigate complex security vulnerabilities before an attacker exploits them
- Communicate risks and mitigations across multiple audiences with varying levels of sensitivity
- Take part in the Security Operations on-call rotation
You have a passion for security and open source
- Demonstrated experience in web or cloud security engineering, log aggregation, and/or penetration testing
- Direct experience with incident response
- Experience with log analysis systems
- Engineer, not an analyst mindset
- In-depth knowledge of Linux tools/architecture and logging systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Ruby, Go, PHP and/or Python)
- Proficiency to communicate over a text-based medium (Slack, Teams, GitLab Issues, Email) and can succinctly document technical details
- Proficient in English
Today, more than 20 million people around the world buy through our stores. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Scalefast, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.