Junior Site Reliability Engineer
Do you want to work making production systems running smoothly? Are you comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams?
Join us at Scalefast and revolutionize the E-commerce experience…In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall. Your next favourite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds. Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood. Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience? Heck Yeah!
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfilment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences with a proven track record with global brands.
At Scalefast we are constantly looking for talented people to join our projects. Our start-up environment is very open-minded, we love to test and implement new ideas. If you think you are ready to enjoy your work and be part of our big family, keep reading to see how you match our current needs.
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues.
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint
As a member of the Site Reliability team at Scalefast, you will work to ensure as much as possible the availability of all our services. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on the best ways to obtain metrics for each feature and then apply measures to ensure correct functionality in any situation. The Site Reliability Team is responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other Scalefast production systems running smoothly.
The Site Reliability Specialist works closely with almost all of the company's teams to ensure the correct data telemetry from wherever impossible to provide tools and services that help ensure the proper functioning of everything.
Ensure the extraction and presentation of the available metrics of all our functionalities and services.
- Provide support, metrics, alarms and tools to other teams to ensure they have everything they need to keep everything running smoothly.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions-and then into automation.
- Help improving the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Scalefast scaling to support hundred of thousands of concurrent users.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack that may affect their stability.
- Plan the growth of Scalefast's infrastructure.
- Think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- Know what is the use of config management systems like Chef (the one we use)
- Good programming skills - PHP, Python, Ruby and/or Go
- Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Have experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies is a plus.
- Ability to use Git.
Today, more than 20 million people around the world buy through our stores. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Scalefast, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.