Payment Methods Specialist
Revolutionize the E-commerce experience…
In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall.
Your next favorite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds.
Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood.
Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience?
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences. Scalefast has proven itself with global brands like L’Oréal, Sega, Square-Enix and Flir.
As a Payment Methods Specialist, you will work closely with the Systems and Operations teams to:
- Adopt the best coding practices to improve the performance, quality and security across the platform.
- Make the platform evolve to be able to handle more and better our customers' needs, decreasing the cost and increasing the performance and stability.
- Troubleshoot, debug and refactor following clean code standards.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Follow emerging technologies.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues.
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, FP II in Computer Science or similar demonstrable.
- Your English is good (B2 or higher, certification not required).
- Senior PHP Architect/Senior Developer who has already integrated various on-line payment systems / PSPs / E-wallets.
- Strong background in financial sector and with payment methods.
- At least one MVC framework – we use Laravel – and also OO PHP7, MySQL.
- Object oriented coding with proper design patterns
- Solid programming background but also functional knowledge of how their solution will work and experience developing payment platforms.
- Antifraud knowledge.
- Will know how to add payments with Paypal.
- Someone who wants to develop themselves into an architect specialised in payments as eventually they will be designing new solutions.
- Will learn about our platform
- Knowledge of Stripe, Braintree, Adyen.
- Version control, preferably distributed (e.g. git, which is what we use)
Nice to have
- Good working knowledge of the Linux CLI
- Domain driven design
- SOA and microservices
- SOLID principles
- Experience integrating on-line payment systems / PSPs / E-wallets etc.
- Experience implementing / maintaining e-commerce platforms, online product management platforms etc.