Senior Big Data Engineer
Vietnam, Hồ Chí Minh, Ho Chi MinhDATA & Air360
- Have a startup, ownership, and a Senior mindset: You enjoy moving fast with a customer-focused approach, you are comfortable with agile, you are able to take ownership of a feature without having very detailed specifications, you believe that done is better than perfect in a context where everyday day counts
- Like building a data pipeline to handle billions of events every day to help our clients understand their customers
- Want to work with a team present in 4 countries, Vietnam, France, Japan, and New Caledonia
Our tech stack:
- We process billions of events every day with Postgres and Big Query and we will move to a new architecture with ClickHouse/Redshift
- Our app is built using C# 5.0 / .Net core / [ASP.Net](http://asp.net/) Core Web API with latest technology
- CloudComputing mindset, we are moving our architecture to AWS and Google Cloud
- We have a microservice oriented architecture using Docker & K8S
- Quickly evolving data stack using AWS / PostgreSQL / BigQuery
Your day to day will be:
We understand that working with data is not easy, especially with a high-tech background like Air360, so we need you to:
- Work with our database engineers, big data engineers, and backend engineers to build and optimize our current database architecture with ClickHouse or Redshift
- Research, build and optimize the current data pipeline to get the best performance
- Design efficient architecture to store and analyze petabytes of data
- Lead large-scale projects and mentor other developers
- Implement complex ETL data pipeline workflows
- Think of smart data formats to serve the functionalities of the product, while minimizing the cost
- Developing tools to help data scientists and the Machine Learning team
....by using some open source technologies such as Postgres, ClickHouse, AWS, GCP, Redshift, BigQuery, Kafka, Spark, Akka, Elasticsearch, etc.
Help us revolutionize the eCommerce experience…
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences. With a global presence (USA, Europe & Asia), Scalefast has proven itself with major brands like L’Oréal, Microsoft, Club Med, Hasbro, Flir, to name a few.
On top of our end-to-end DTC eCommerce offering, we provide our clients with Air360, a first-class customer experience and analytics platform which enables brands to understand how users interact with websites and mobile apps to boost customer engagement and rate conversion.
Our powerful technology brings a real complementary upgrade for lots of brands using Google analytics or similar tools.
Many brands and merchants are feeling the pain to maintain a proper tagging strategy and Air360 removes that barrier and allows brands to completely automate this process.
You can find out more about Air360 here:
What can I expect at Scalefast and Air360?
- Become part of a multi-cultural company where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Working with a sustainable development team
- Work with amazing brands
- 2 remote days per week once we go back to the office (right now everyone is 100% remote!)
- Private medical insurance
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Central Ho Chi Minh City office located a 5-minute walk from Duc Ba Church with green and open office
- Lunch allowance
- Parking fees allowance
- 18 days of holiday per year
- English classes
- Gym voucher
- Teambuilding activities (outdoor activities / short trips)
- Provide MacBook pro for employees to work most efficiently
- Access to private sales by some of the exclusive brands we work with
- Mental Health Wellbeing Program
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- - 5/6+ years of Database Engineer experience, preferably in a global company
- Strong experience with SQL Query and DBMS like Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB
- Strong experience with big database engines, like Clickhouse, BigTable, BigQuery, Redshift
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated, with a high desire to learn, results-driven, and with a strong commitment
It’s Nice to Have:
- Experience with ETL data process
- Experience with AWS/GCP/Azure, Linux (RedHat \ CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Experience with SAAS and analytics systems like Google Analytics, Hotjar
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Scripting skills (Python \ GO)
Today, more than 20 million people around the world buy through our stores. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Scalefast, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.