Spain, Comunidad de Madrid, MadridPlatform Development
Join us at Scalefast and revolutionize the E-commerce experience…In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall. Your next favorite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds. Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood. Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience? Heck Yeah!
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfilment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences with a proven track record with global brands.
At Scalefast we are constantly looking for talented people to join our projects. Our start-up environment is very open-minded, we love to test and implement new ideas. If you think you are ready to enjoy your work and be part of our big family, keep reading to see how you match our current needs.
What can I expect?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home.
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer.
- Become part of a multi-cultural company where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands.
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform.
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues.
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint.
- Access to private sales by some of the exclusive brands we work with
- Enrollment in English lessons that take place during working hours
- Mental Health Wellbeing Program
What will you do:
- Work in a team with other engineers to build a next-generation storefront using Angular, Node.js and other technologies we are finding along the way
- Join an R&D team constantly in the search for new challenges and the latest innovations
- Create features and services applying software design and architectural patterns
- Maintain the core of our Storefront solution
- Support other teams that are using the Scalefast eCommerce platform to create and maintain stores
- Work on improving all aspects of web performance and caching
- Work on Server Side Rendering and other key pieces of the platform powered by Node.js
- Apply the principles of Continuous Integration and TDD to build robust and stable libraries and applications
- Work with Scalefast's UX team to create amazing user-centered experiences
- A Bachelor’s degree, FP II in Computer Science, or similar professional experience
- 5 years of experience as a developer
- Experience developing with Typescript and/or large codebases
- Good knowledge of design patterns and principles like SOLID and good practices like TDD and others
- Experience in software analysis and applying architectural patterns
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- English is a must (B2 or higher, certification not required)
- Experience developing with Angular and/or Node.js
- Experience working with Gitlab, or another development platform with similar features
- Knowledge of DDD principles and experience applying them
- Experience developing cloud functions, especially with AWS technology like Lambda@Edge
- Leadership skills
- Web design, maintainable CSS, accessibility