Senior Python Software Engineer
Backend Engineers at Scalefast work on our product. This includes the baseline platform, new features cross-clients, and specific features or integrations for specific clients. They work with peers on teams dedicated to these different areas. They work together with project managers, designers, and frontend engineers to solve common goals.
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences. Scalefast has proven itself with global brands like L’Oréal, Sega, Square-Enix, and Flir to name a few.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Work on cross-team, impactful projects
- Work on challenging problems and constantly improve the usability of our applications
- Improve reliability, scalability, and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in technical decisions
- Take part in product experimentation
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems.
- 5+ years of relevant full-time experience.
- Strong Python or other high-level language skills.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks.
- The urge to write automated tests.
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management.
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of any public cloud provider, preferably AWS.
- Experience in creating cloud-native applications.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup.
- Sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Ability to work independently, but being a good team player too.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Computer science education or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools